Monday, September 25, 2006

...So I was thinking...

that I have not posted in a while.

I was thinking that

Today, I'd like to start over
Just flip the pages and start all over again
See if I would make the same mistakes of old.
I would like to go back in time
And make right what I spoiled.
What I chose to ignore,
Douse with my attention.
I would like to go back
And say I am sorry even before wronging anyone;
The lover I hurt, I would console
Caress her gently while I fed her grapes.

Today is anew
at least I would like to think.
Today is a re-beginning of sorts
I know I should reignite the spell
that taught me love was real.

I shall be a fine husband someday
My dad was.
I shall make a great dad
My dad was.
I shall love my kids
My dad did.
And cherish my wife dearly
My dad did.

So I was thinking...
that I love you

No comments: